Ozone is the most effective anti-microbial and
cleansing agent than any other chemical or detergent available. Ozone is up
to 50 times more effective, and without the harmful effects and byproducts
which can result from man-made chemicals, such as the carcinogenic residue
left by chlorine bleach treatments. The natural byproduct of ozone (03) is
oxygen (O2) in purified water.
Ozone is a highly reactive molecule - a naturally occurring cleanser,
killing bacteria, germs, viruses, and other microbes up to 50 times more
effectively than chlorine bleach. Because ozone is generated on location, it
also eliminates additional costs and environmental impacts of storage and
Advantages of Ozone
- Ozone is the strongest oxidant and disinfectant available for the
treatment of aqueous solutions and gaseous mixtures.
- Although Ozone is only partially soluble in water, still it is
sufficiently soluble and stable for its oxidation and disinfection
properties to be fully utilized.
- Ozone after oxidation and disinfection decomposes back into oxygen
without leaving any residue, such as the carcinogenic residue left
behind after chlorine bleach treatments.
- Ozone reacts with a large variety of organic compounds resulting in
oxygen containing organic by-products.
- Although ozone is the strongest oxidizing agent commercially
available, still it is safest to handle. The primary reason is that it
cannot be stored and therefore it has to be generated on the site for
- Ozone in its gaseous state is a proven deodorizer and bactericide.
- In treating potable water, Wastewater, and landfill leachate, ozone
has the proven ability to convert biorefractory organic materials to
biodegradable materials. As a result, combining ozone with subsequent
biological treatment can produce water or wastewater with lower
concentrations of problematic organic compounds more cost-effectively
than any other process used individually.