Most of the diseases are WATER BORN and thus
the use of DISINFECTED PROCESS WATER (water used in different processes) is
increasing in dairies for the following stages.
- Mixing : Water used for mixing in milk should be free from
any microbiological contamination for more shelf life.
- Cleaning and washing : Water used in cleaning of utensils and
other devices which comes in direct contact with the product can
contaminate the product if not washed with sterilized water.
- CIP(clean in process) : The conventional methods like
alkaline/acid cleaning with hot water disinfection or alkaline cleaning
with acid chemical disinfection include risk of its remaining at the
joints inside the pipeline and when milk is passed through the pipeline
it gets mixed with it and this degrading its quality. Ozone is 10 times
more powerful in killing bacteria than chlorine.
Also AIR BORN infection affects the following process.
- Packaging area : No matter how much, the quality of our
product is better but if the packaging environment is not sterilized or
fully microbial free it will also affect the shelf life of the product
when it comes in contact with it.
- Packaging material : The packaging material whether it is a
polybag, a corrugated box or a plastic box, it should be bacteria free
because ultimately our product has to reach the user in that material
only and sterilized packaging material provides greater shelf life of